A key element in the application process is the Investment Plan. It is important to be as clear as possible in what you want to purchase. The video "WIDU.africa Investment Plan: How to fill it out" demonstrates what to watch out for when filling it based on a real example.
Rules for the Items in the Investment Plan
- Investment plan items need to be spendable and accountable within three months of project approval
- Partial payments are not allowed (e.g. Car is paid 50% by Private Investment and 50% by WIDU Grant Investment)
- Payment of loans/financial services are not allowed (e.g. loans, bank or exchange rate charges)
- No petty cash or cash reserves
- Receipts must be issued after project approval
Items that cannot be funded through WIDU:
- Illegal goods
- Drugs, alcoholic beverages etc.
Investment Plan Example
Receipts: Financial Documentation Required
When updating the investment plan with the items purchased from the Private Investment and the WIDU Grant investment, please make sure that the receipts/invoices you provide for the business expenses include adequate information on the business transaction:
Please be aware that we will reject projects if the documentation of the expenses is incomplete or does not fulfill minimum standards.